over 3 years ago
A light and refreshing salad served over a bed of rice noodles, this dish can easily transform into a vegetarian side by leaving out the shrimp. It's best eaten the day you make it.
- 8 ounces uncooked brown rice noodles
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red chile pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked, peeled and deveined medium shrimp with tails removed
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse until cool, then drain and place in a large bowl.
In a separate large bowl, combine lime juice, vinegar and crushed red pepper to make a dressing. Toss noodles with 2 tablespoons of dressing. Toss remaining dressing with shrimp, carrots, peanuts, shallots and mint. Serve shrimp mixture over rice noodles.
- 276 calories
- 7g total fat
- 1g saturated fat
- 48mg cholesterol
- 333mg sodium
- 44g carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 5g sugar)
- 11g protein