over 2 years ago
Toss with peeled, cooked shrimp to make a complete meal.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed for 1 minute under running water
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lots of chopped fresh dill
- Crumbled feta (optional)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until zucchini is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Remove zucchini from the pan and add quinoa, water and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer, covered, until quinoa is tender but still chewy and a white spiral-like germ appears around each grain, about 15 minutes.
Toss quinoa with zucchini, zest, lemon juice and dill. Serve warm or room temperature, topped with feta cheese if you like.
- 157 calories
- 4g total fat
- 1g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 495mg sodium
- 26g carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 2g sugar)
- 6g protein