This lemonade recipe is so easy. No juicing of lemons. I've also added some Fever-Tree Spring Club Soda to give it a little lift. To make this into an "adult" drink, add 1 oz of your favorite citrus vodka (such as Absolut Citron) to 6 oz of lemonade. Serve over ice. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
- 6 cups water
- 6 lemons, preferably organic
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 12 ounces chilled club soda (preferably Fever-Tree Spring Club Soda)
- 10 ounces citrus vodka (such as Absolut Citron)---OPTIONAL
Wash lemons. Cut off ends then quarter length wise. Remove as many seeds as you can (you don't have to get all of them) then cut away the rind (doesn't have to be perfect. Some pith is ok.)
Add water, sugar and lemons to blender.
Blend on slow speed for 1 minutes then change to high speed for 3 minutes. (A Vitamix works really well here).
Don't like pulp? Then pour the blender contents through a sieve to strain.
Chill contents. Add chilled club soda to contents right before serving. Serve over ice.
- 240 calories
- 0g total fat
- 0g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 18mg sodium
- 42g carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 39g sugar)
- 1g protein