about 1 year ago
Combine the flavors of two popular Middle Eastern dips (baba ghanouj and hummus) in this tasty puree. Serve with raw veggies or spread on whole grain crackers.
Makes about 3 1/2 cups
- 2 large eggplants (about 1 pound each), halved lengthwise
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons sesame tahini
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
Preheat oven to 450°F. Place eggplants cut-side down on a baking sheet. Prick all over with a fork and bake until soft and collapsed, 40 to 45 minutes.
When cool enough to handle, scoop eggplant pulp into the bowl of a food processor; discard skin. Add garbanzo beans, parsley, red peppers, tahini, lemon juice and garlic. Process until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with parsley.
- 673 calories
- 24g total fat
- 3g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 1241mg sodium
- 96g carbohydrate (38g dietary fiber, 13g sugar)
- 32g protein