about 1 year ago
When it comes to chicken salad, I like to make much of the ingredients I like best: that means no mayo and heavy on the grapes. This is the version I keep coming back to.
- 1 cup cooked chicken, roughly chopped (I like using leftover roasted or grilled)
- 3/4 cups red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stem of celery, chopped
- 3 or 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 3 or 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 or 3 teaspoons curry powder
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
Put chicken through celery in a bowl and add yogurt and olive oil, stirring until well mixed.
Squeeze plenty of lemon juice all over.
Add curry powder and stir again.
Salt and pepper to taste.
- 205 calories
- 15g total fat
- 3g saturated fat
- 28mg cholesterol
- 36mg sodium
- 9g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 5g sugar)
- 10g protein