over 2 years ago
Cooking rye flakes with steel-cut oats lends creaminess to this typically chewy oatmeal.
- 4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup rye flakes
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 cups blueberries, divided
Bring almond milk to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in rye flakes and oats. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 20 minutes or until creamy and tender, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and stir in honey, vanilla extract, almonds and 1 cup blueberries. Serve topped with remaining blueberries.
- 841 calories
- 7g total fat
- 1g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 21mg sodium
- 69g carbohydrate (8g dietary fiber, 41g sugar)
- 7g protein