about 1 year ago
Serve these hearty veggie burgers on whole grain buns with your favorite condiments.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked no-salt-added black beans
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon no-salt-added chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco or other hot sauce
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to mix. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
Place patties on the baking sheet and bake, turning once half way through cooking, until browned and slightly crisp on the outside, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 129 calories
- 1g total fat
- 0g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 2467mg sodium
- 25g carbohydrate (5g dietary fiber, 3g sugar)
- 6g protein