over 2 years ago
For anyone avoiding wheat, nuts & seeds, trying to find a food allergy friendly granola bar is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I have found that most prepackaged granola products contain at least one or more of the Top 8 Allergens (wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, milk, egg, soy, fish & shellfish). I prefer to just make my own~ these bars are yummy, food allergy friendly and very economical!
Makes one 9 x 13 pan
- 2 cups Gluten Free Quick Cooking Oats (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons EnerG Egg Replacer
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut milk (I use SoDelicious Original)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Butter, melted (I use Earth Balance Organic Coconut Butter Spread)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease 9"x13" baking pan with vegetable shortening (I use Spectrum Organic Vegetable Shortening).
Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
In small bowl, whisk egg replacer and warm water. Add coconut milk, applesauce, melted coconut butter and vanilla. Stir until combined.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredient mixture. Stir until combined.
Add chopped apples and raisins.
Pour mixture into prepared 9" x 13" pan. Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Allow to cool. Enjoy!
- 2508 calories
- 98g total fat
- 70g saturated fat
- 57mg cholesterol
- 880mg sodium
- 367g carbohydrate (46g dietary fiber, 74g sugar)
- 64g protein