about 1 year ago
This ham is spectacular enough as the showcase of an Easter feast, but put these leftovers in a split pea and ham soup, bbq chopped ham sandwich, ham tetrazzini or next morning ham and egg breakfast casserole and you'll want to make Easter dinner a weekly tradition!
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (8-pound) smoked fully cooked ham half
- 1 (12-ounce) can cola soft drink
- 1 (8-ounce) jar plum preserves
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (can use frozen if necessary)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Score fat on ham in a diamond pattern. Combine first 6 ingredients and sprinkle over the entire ham. Place in a lightly greased shallow roasting pan. Pour can of cola into pan and bake ham for 1 hour.
Uncover ham and bake 15 more minutes.
Stir together preserves and orange juice. Spoon 3/4 cup of the glaze over the ham and bake 15 more minutes or until the thickest part of the ham registers 140 degrees on a meat thermometer.
Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining glaze.
- 869 calories
- 47g total fat
- 16g saturated fat
- 268mg cholesterol
- 6052mg sodium
- 32g carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 11g sugar)
- 76g protein