over 2 years ago
Make these sweet, salty and spicy dessert bites up to three hours in advance, storing them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Makes 24 pieces
- 1/2 Whole Trade pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 24 chunks
- 2 (3.5-ounce) bars Whole Foods Market Tanzania Organic Dark Chocolate
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
Thread a short skewer (4 or 6 inches) through each pineapple chunk and arrange on a large, parchment-paper-lined baking sheet.
Working over a double boiler, heat chocolate, stirring constantly, until just melted; stir in cayenne.
Working with one skewer at a time, pat pineapple dry with a paper towel, and then dip in chocolate, covering about halfway. Transfer to baking sheet, sprinkle lightly with salt and repeat with remaining pineapple and chocolate. Chill until set, about 45 minutes.
- 49 calories
- 3g total fat
- 1g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 50mg sodium
- 8g carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 6g sugar)
- 0g protein