over 2 years ago
Peas and mint are the stars in this recipe, and their sweet and aromatic flavors complement the arugula's spicy tang. Swap baby spinach leaves for half of the arugula for a milder backdrop to the other ingredients, or toss in chopped leaf lettuce.
- 6 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons minced basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced mint leaves
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed to room temperature
- 3 cups baby arugula leaves or baby spinach leaves
Boil one inch of water in a medium pot with a steamer basket. Steam sugar snaps for 3 to 4 minutes, until crisp-tender. Remove from heat and spread on a plate to cool.
While peas are steaming, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, basil and mint together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Combine cooled sugar snaps with arugula and green peas in a large bowl. Add dressing, and toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, divide salad between individual plates, and serve immediately.
- 159 calories
- 14g total fat
- 2g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 16mg sodium
- 7g carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 4g sugar)
- 3g protein