over 2 years ago
What began as a pantry clean out casserole became a favorite recipe in our household. It was deemed company worthy, which is a true test of a new recipe's acceptance by our family
Makes 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 jar artichokes, quartered
- 1/2 cup olive oil or canola mayonnaise
- 1/1 cup roasted red peppers (chopped)
- 1 cup baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 package stuffing mix, preferably chicken flavored
- 1 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- olive oil
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil in baking dish. Place chicken breasts in dish and salt and pepper then very sparingly. Depending on the stuffing mix you use, that can add a great deal of salt.
Mix the remaining ingredients, setting aside 1/2 cup of the fontina cheese.
Place the mixture evenly on top of the chicken breasts and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup fontina on top.
Cover the baking dish with foil and bake covered for appoximately 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Let cool slightly before serving.
- 243 calories
- 21g total fat
- 6g saturated fat
- 46mg cholesterol
- 205mg sodium
- 1g carbohydrate (0g dietary fiber, 1g sugar)
- 13g protein