about 1 year ago
Mango lends a sweet note to this colorful quinoa salad with a variety of flavors and textures. It's equally delicious served warm or chilled. This is a Health Starts Here recipe.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 ears corn, kernels removed
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve until water runs clear, drain and transfer to a medium pot. Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside off the heat for 5 minutes; uncover and fluff with a fork.
Add remaining ingredients and toss until combined.
- 223 calories
- 3g total fat
- 1g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 6mg sodium
- 44g carbohydrate (5g dietary fiber, 14g sugar)
- 8g protein