about 1 year ago
A very light, clean & bright dish for a hot summer's day or night. You can make your viniagrette a day or two ahead to save you some time & maybe even make extra to use on another salad or dish. Experiment with other proteins, fruits & nuts to expand your options all season.
- 1/2 cup Fresh squeezes lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Finely minced shallot
- 1-1/2 cup WF 365 Organic Canola Oil (or another neutral oil such as grapeseed)
In a small bowl, combine & whisk together vinegar & lemon juice.
SLOWLY, pour in & whisk canola oil.
Stir in shallots & refrigerate. (This is a "broken" viniagrette, meaning the ingredients may seperate after sitting. However, a quick whisk or stir will reincorporate everything.)
- 12 U-10 or U-15 fresh sea scallops (abductor muscle removed)
- 1-1/2 cup Marcona almonds (crushed or whole)
- 3 cups Fresh strawberries
- 2-4 ounces Grated Parmesan Reggiano or Pecorino (or buy grated if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons WF 365 Organic Canola Oil
- Sea or Kosher Salt
Wash & pat dry arugula, refrigerate.
Remove stems & cut strawberries in half lenthgwise, refrigerate.
Remove scallops from refrigerator, remove allow to come up to room temperature. Salt each side generously. Add canola oil to a large, oven safe pan & heat over med.-high heat until oil shimmers.
Add scallops, taking care not to crowd pan, (cook in multiple batches if necessary). Cook 2-4 minutes on each side to lightly brown or until scallop naturally "releases" from pan, (cook longer if well done scallop is desired). Set cook scallops aside & allow to rest while assembling salad.
In a large bowl, combine arugula, strawberries & almonds. Liberally dress salad & gently toss to incorporate all ingredients.
Portion out individual plates (or a communal plate if desired) of dressed salad mix. Plate scallops on top of dressed salad & grate (or sprinkle pre-grated) cheese to finish.
- 659827 calories
- 74626g total fat
- 5495g saturated fat
- 10mg cholesterol
- 143407mg sodium
- 21g carbohydrate (8g dietary fiber, 8g sugar)
- 16g protein