about 1 year ago
These flavorful cakes make a unique appetizer or side dish. Try pairing them with vegetable soup or salad for a hearty meal. This is a Health Starts Here recipe.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup truRoots Organic Sprouted Green Lentils
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons Bragg Organic Sprinkle Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato, more if needed
- Salsa or other condiments of your choice
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook quinoa and lentils separately according to package instructions. Drain lentils well. In a medium bowl, mix together quinoa, lentils, red pepper, onion, seasoning, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add sweet potato and combine using hands until mixture sticks together easily. If mixture is not sticking together, add more cooked sweet potato until desired consistency is reached.
Form the mixture into four (4-inch) patties and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 10 minutes. Flip and continue baking 10 to 12 minutes more until edges are dry and patties are heated through. Serve with your favorite condiments.
- 210 calories
- 2g total fat
- 0g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 346mg sodium
- 38g carbohydrate (11g dietary fiber, 4g sugar)
- 10g protein