about 1 year ago
You may use prepared Mango Chutney to make assembly quicker, but it is easy and delicious to make your own.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (93% lean)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons mango chutney, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a bowl combine all ingredients. Mix well and shape into patties.
Heat broiler with rack set 4 inches from heat. Place burgers on a rimmed baking sheet; broil until cooked through, 4-5 minutes per side.
Serve on buns with whatever toppings you desire and top with extra Mango Chutney.
- 2 cups frozen mango, thawed and chopped (may use fresh mango as well)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add mangoes, ginger, garlic, salt, chili powder, and cumin. Cook gently for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add vinegar, lemon juice, brown sugar and raisins. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered, for 40 minutes. Liquid should thicken and become syrupy.
- 578 calories
- 22g total fat
- 6g saturated fat
- 128mg cholesterol
- 660mg sodium
- 64g carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 48g sugar)
- 35g protein