about 1 year ago
This is a nice and flavorful baked bean recipe that I like to take to potluck dinners and picnics.
For a nice smoke flavor,add some liquid smoke to the recipe.
- 1 tablespoon 365 olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup 365 tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons 365 apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh or jarred ginger
- A small pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- 2- 15 oz.cans of 365 navy beans, drained and rinsed
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Heat the oil in a deep, saucepan. Add the onion and sauté over low heat until it is translucent.
Add the garlic and continue to sauté until the onion is lightly browned.
Add the remaining ingredients except the beans and simmer for 5 minutes.
Combine the sauce with the beans in a 1 1/2-quart baking casserole and mix well.
Bake, covered, for 45 minutes, then for an additional 15 minutes, uncovered.
- 86 calories
- 0g total fat
- 0g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 21mg sodium
- 19g carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 9g sugar)
- 3g protein