about 1 year ago
This vinaigrette is inspired by what may be the most delicious salad I've ever tasted. It's the radish salad served at Grüner in Portland. The salad is composed of a bed of shaved radishes that is topped with fresh herbs, pepitas, pumpkin seed oil, and cider vinegar. I've constructed a vinaigrette based on the salad topping.
Makes about 1/3 - 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seed oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil (or light olive oil)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped dill fronds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped tarragon leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced shallot
- 2-3 pinches fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped toasted pepitas (optional)
Combine all ingredients in jar/cup suitable to use an immersion blender in. (A regular blender or mini food processor will also work.) Blend until well-combined and herbs are finely minced. Taste and add salt if needed.
Drizzle over shaved radishes or toss with salad greens as desired. Garnish with additional herbs, coarsely ground black pepper, and/or toasted pepitas if desired.
- 236 calories
- 25g total fat
- 3g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 219mg sodium
- 2g carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 0g sugar)
- 3g protein