about 1 year ago
I first learned to pair compound butters with scallops while I was losing baby weight on the Weight Watchers' plan. The scallops at one point per half cup left plenty of room in the budget for butter.
- 1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon minced serrano chili
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Sriracha sauce, to taste (optional)
- 16 dry packed sea scallops
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Use a mixer to completely combine butter, ginger, cilantro, lemongrass, chili, lemon zest and juice and salt. Taste the butter, and if there is not enough kick start adding 1/2 teaspoon of Sriracha at a time, blending after each addition until it’s got a good tingle but it not overpowering.
Take half of the flavored butter and slather it all around the bottom of a good sized ceramic baking dish. Arrange the scallops in the pan so they are evenly space. Place a small dollop of flavored butter atop each scallop. Sprinkle the panko breadcrumbs over the tops of the dressed scallops.
Bake for 12 minutes. Serve hot.
- 290 calories
- 24g total fat
- 15g saturated fat
- 71mg cholesterol
- 764mg sodium
- 13g carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 2g sugar)
- 7g protein