10 months ago
Bruschetta is usually served as a snack or appetizer with a topping of chopped tomatoes, olive oil and herbs.I like to toast the bread with a vegan cream cheese and a little pepper for added flavor.
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes (roma, heirloom, beefsteak...whatever is in season is best)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons 365 olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Italian bread or baguette
Chop the tomatoes onions, garlic, and basil into small pieces and place in a medium bowl.
Add in the extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
Cut 1/4" thick slices of fresh Italian bread or baguette and toast them.
Let the bread slices cool, top with bruschetta and serve.
- 104 calories
- 1g total fat
- 0g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 295mg sodium
- 20g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 4g sugar)
- 4g protein