11 months ago
Bruschetta is such an easy and refreshing appetizer. Using heirloom tomatoes makes it such a attractive dish to serve to guests.
- 4 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup 365 olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, minced
- 2 baguettes, sliced on a bias
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch basil, torn
Add tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic and red onion in a bowl. Gently toss. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Butter both sides of baguette slices. In a skillet on medium high heat, lightly toast the baguettes, approximately 2 minutes. Toast the other side.
Top the baguette with the tomato mixture. Top with pieces of torn basil.
- 249 calories
- 7g total fat
- 4g saturated fat
- 15mg cholesterol
- 1038mg sodium
- 41g carbohydrate (7g dietary fiber, 15g sugar)
- 9g protein