about 1 year ago
To our family, nothing says summer like fresh strawberries and juicy fresh off the vine heirloom tomatoes! Once our garden starts to flourish with these luscious fruits, they appear on our table for most every meal!
In summer, my son will often eat strawberries straight out of the garden for breakfast and have fresh sliced tomatoes at lunch and dinner. One day it occurred to me to toss the two together in a fruit salad dish along with some grapes drizzled with honey and basil and we created a delicious fruits of summer salad creation!
Honey & Basil Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons organic canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound organic strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups organic red grapes, sliced in half
- 6 organic heirloom tomatoes (our favorites are Cherokee Purples!), chopped in 1” pieces
Combine and mix all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
Place all salad ingredients in bowl. Pour dressing over salad ingredients and gently mix to combine.
- 140 calories
- 5g total fat
- 0g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 202mg sodium
- 25g carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 21g sugar)
- 2g protein