about 1 year ago
When summer temperatures are sky high, the last thing I want to do is heat up the house with the oven baked goods. But, we love allergen friendly sweets, so when I discovered this recipe for Sweet Banana Fritters, we knew we had a hot weather savvy treat!
Makes 16 - 20 fritters
- 3/4 cups organic yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup mashed bananas (3-4 bananas)
- Egg replaced equivalent for 1 egg (I use Ener-G Egg Replacer)
- 2 tablespoons milk alternative (I use So Delicious Coconut Milk)
- Oil for frying
In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Then mix the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
Pour enough oil into skillet for about 1/4” depth. Heat oil to medium heat. Using 2 T. of batter for each, gently place fritter batter in pan and cook 3-4 minutes until golden brown and slightly raised. Using spatula, gently flip and cook other side 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove fritters from skillet and place on paper towel lined plate.
Serve hot as a side dish, enjoy as a cookie or as a special pancake breakfast with maple syrup!
- 72 calories
- 4g total fat
- 0g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 76mg sodium
- 9g carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 2g sugar)
- 1g protein