over 5 years ago
Thai curry paste is a mixture of chile, garlic, galangal, shallots and spices. Keep it on hand for an added flavoring kick when making simple sauces, salad dressings or sandwich spreads. Serve this lunch with fresh fruit; sliced apples are a great match.
- 1/2 cup regular or light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts (optional)
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas or wraps
- 1 cup shredded green leaf lettuce
In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut milk and curry paste until smooth. Stir in cilantro, chicken, carrots, green onions and peanuts and toss to coat.
Arrange tortillas in a single layer on a flat surface. Place one-quarter of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with lettuce and roll up tortillas burrito-style, tucking the ends in and wrapping each up snugly. Halve each crosswise and serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- 585 calories
- 17g total fat
- 7g saturated fat
- 33mg cholesterol
- 132mg sodium
- 90g carbohydrate (14g dietary fiber, 3g sugar)
- 24g protein